Friday, 11 March 2011

War veteran's disgust as teenager is locked up for burglary of his home

AS an 18-year-old, Frank Burridge was laying his life down for King and Country during the Second World War.

But today the 88-year-old spoke of his disgust at the 18-year-old who he chased after with his walking stick when the teenager broke into his property in the early hours of the morning, stealing food and sources of warmth for the pensioner.

It was the fourth time Mr Burridge's his home and garage had been raided.

Despite his infirmity, poor vision and deafness, he chased Connor Winton, 18, of Pelham Road, Immingham, who was later caught and locked up for a year.

Grimsby Telegraph

Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Adam Vincent murder investigation: Can you help police?

A SEALED-OFF bungalow in Scartho is now the centre of the investigation into the death of Adam Vincent, whose body parts were dumped in and around Tetney Lock.

Detectives have today said they are sure the 33-year-old was murdered in Grimsby, and are appealing to the public to help trace a white van which was probably used to dispose of Mr Vincent's body.

The large Transit-style vehicle – with a yellow sign and black lettering – is believed to have been a hire van, and is a key clue in the investigation. There is evidence of a van having been at Tetney Lock, and detectives want to hear from people who recall seeing such a vehicle in the area and in Grimsby.

Grimsby Telegraph


Saturday, 5 March 2011

Tetney residents describe discovery of human leg as 'stuff of nightmares'

RESIDENTS have today spoken of their horror after police investigating the possible sighting of body parts in Tetney Lock confirmed that a human leg had been discovered.

Senior police officers refused to be drawn on whether they had launched a murder enquiry, but confirmed that the leg appeared to have been deliberately dumped at the scene.

The limb, which is not believed to have laid undiscovered for long, is said to be that of a white male, aged in his late teens or early 20s.

Grimsby Telegraph

Thursday, 28 October 2010

Lincoln Castle's owner defends decision to have vessel scrapped

THE owner of the PS Lincoln Castle has defended his decision to have the boat demolished.

Colin Johnson said he had no choice but to scrap the former Humber ferry, which was "severely corroded and in danger of sinking".

Mr Johnson, 69, of Cleethorpes, said that he was told by the vessel's insurers in April that they could not continue insuring the boat, which was berthed in Grimsby's Alexandra Dock.

It was then that he made the decision to hire demolition contractors H Cope & Sons to dismantle the boat.

Grimsby Telegraph

Wednesday, 8 April 2009